Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Only A Week? Sheesh, What A Week It's Been

I was hospitalized, nearly died, learned of a serious health problem that had gone undiagnosed. Came home, been trying to adapt and adjust to my new routine. Quit smoking -- started again just today (after a week) but I don't intend to continue.

Thought I'd go for a relaxing stroll in the garden and discovered the yard men had whacked my tea roses to the ground. These weren't just any tea roses either; they were from my late father's rose garden. I'd even written an essay about them. I was literally so numb that I didn't cry but just stood there, dumbfounded, and stared at their stubby one-inch high remains.

I'm sure there's a lesson in all this. When I figure out what it is, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Sharon Hurlbut said...

Ginger, give them time, and perhaps the roses will come back, if the roots are intact. I'm sorry to hear you have had such a tough time and I hope things are improving for you now.

Mena said...

Lesson: Eva's an evil bitch.

Maybe not to cling so much to material things as we do.