Thursday, October 06, 2005

Favorite Line From A Television Show

One of my all-time favorites is:

"Andy, I swear, as God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly." ~~ spoken by character Mr. Carlson [Gordon Jump], WKRP in Cincinnati

In case you aren't familiar with the episode, Mr. Carlson is radio station WKRP in Cincinnati's general manager. For a Thanksgiving promotion one year, he decides to give away free live turkeys. The station's helicopter hovers above a shopping center, and the turkeys are tossed over the side. Les Nessman, the nerdy OCD weatherman, does a running commentary on the fiasco (which is broadcast live on the air) that mirrors the Hindenburg disaster, including the line "Oh, the humanity!"

Johnny Fever (pothead D.J.) is broadcasting from the shopping center, and he says, "The Pinedale Shopping Center has been bombed by live turkeys -- film at eleven!"

1 comment:

Sharon Hurlbut said...

WKRP was one of my favorite shows, ever. Thanks for reminding me of one of their best moments.