Friday, April 07, 2006

Writing For Blogs

I'm not sure how much fun posting fiction on my blog really is. I can't post anything truly good, anything I plan to have published, because then I've blown first publication rights. Most of the personal work (memoirs, mostly) that I've posted are first drafts, so they don't reflect my true skill.

This goes for other writers as well. Then there's the additional problem that people think they've read you and know what you're capable of, when the truth is that you're posting unedited, third-class work. Sigh.

There has to be a better way to share work with the public. If I figure it out, I'll let you know. In the meantime, check out some of Clara Chandler's columns over at the Horror Library. Recently she's interviewed some interesting folks. This month's Fresh Meat at The Horror Library features an interview with Eddie Allen, the kooky talented artist responsible for the creepy morphing portraits he calls "Haunted Memories." Click here to read the interview. Wander around the rest of the site if you're into horror. There are some great stories waiting to grab you.

Be sure to leave a comment, and tell 'em Ginger sentcha. ;-)

No comments: