Saturday, September 29, 2007

Humbling Experience

I've made noise about turning fifty for the past nine months. Even put a counter on my blog to nudge me into doing...something, not sure what. It just seemed important that I accomplish some magical "thing" before I turned fifty.

Now I'm fifty and no magical "thing" has been accomplished. I feel just like I did when I was twenty, so that's good. The worst part of turning fifty is that it came and went without acknowlegement from my online friends and associates (if you don't count MySpace, who sends out notifications).

If anyone out there cares, I finally got an ice cream cake (had always wanted one) and four birthday cards. And that beats the hell out of nuttin!

3 comments:

Sharon Hurlbut said...

Well heck, I'm sure sorry I missed it, Ginger. HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY!!! Better late than never, right? I think 50 is something glorious to crow about. I hope the cake was a great as you expected. And let me be the first to say, Happy 51 for next year!

Ginger said...

Thank you, Sharon! I didn't receive notification that you had commented. Woohoo, 51! LOL!

Richard Cooper said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DAY! Sorry I missed it, too. I'm sure the best is yet to come, Ginger! Have the greatest year ever!