Saturday, February 02, 2013

Guest Musician: Priscilla Ahn


This song was recorded nearly five years ago, but I only recently heard it for the first time. Priscilla Ahn's voice is sweet, crystal clear. The song is too. And I love how the harmonica is brought in right before the last verse. The raucous tone of the harp against the music-box quality of Ahn's voice and guitar strumming is pretty powerful and unusual.

I relate to the first part of the song. Love the dreamy aspect. The lyrics kind of weaken in the last verse, but not enough to ruin it for me.

I'm not a music critic, don't play one even on the Internet, and this is as close to critiquing a song as I'll ever get. Not sure why I did it this time, even. ~~GH



I was a little girl alone in my little world who dreamed of a little home for me. 
I played pretend between the trees, and fed my houseguests bark and leaves, and laughed in my pretty bed of green. 

I had a dream 
That I could fly from the highest swing. 
I had a dream. 

Long walks in the dark through woods grown behind the park, I asked God who I'm supposed to be. 
The stars smiled down on me, God answered in silent reverie. I said a prayer and fell asleep. 

I had a dream 
That I could fly from the highest tree. 
I had a dream. 

Now I'm old and feeling grey. I don't know what's left to say about this life I'm willing to leave. 
I lived it full and I lived it well, there's many tales I've lived to tell. I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now to fly from the highest wing. 

I had a dream

No comments: