Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Leap of Faith



If we listened to our intellect we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go in business because we'd be cynical: "It's gonna go wrong." Or "She's going to hurt me." Or, "I've had a couple of bad love affairs, so therefore . . ." Well, that's nonsense. You're going to miss life. You've got to jump off the cliff all the time and build your wings on the way down. ~~Ray Bradbury

Daily, sometimes hourly, I readjust and make a leap of faith. Some days, the leap consists of something as seemingly minor as opening Facebook and seeing what my friends have posted. Ever hopeful a better choice has been made, some good has been accomplished, and joy of joys, perhaps evidence that something I posted impacted someone positively. 

Some days, I feel brazen, bold, as if I actually made a difference in the world. Most days, however, I trudge, plod, march like the rest of us. The important part is not to give up. The chain remains unbroken; I continue to pull my weight. I believe. I jump. I build my wings on the way down.  Note: I am no engineer, but I do what I can with what I have to work with. ~~GH



No comments: