Tuesday, July 23, 2013

For Carol and MLH

A friend of mine has lost her companion of fifteen years. This spoke to me, and although it is far too soon, I wish her the comfort that will eventually be found in treasuring those mem'ries which remain. ~~GH



What though the radiance which was once so bright
Be now for ever taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind...

~~William Wordsworth, "Ode: Intimations of Immortality from Recollections of Early Childhood"
[Tomorrow: A Mother’s Prayer for Her Child]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ginger, I've been reading this everyday. I wake up thinking of Matt and how much I miss him and especially how much I will continue to miss him. He enriched my life in so many ways. He was powerful, yet gentle. Selfish but at the same time giving. It seemed like he was constantly making boundaries for himself and for me. Everyone needs those. I never wanted a marriage anyway. We shared many many fun times together, he didn't care to be around the times that were hard or times of grief or illness. Good time Charlie,so to speak. At least, he didn't play me. I've been grateful for that. At the same time, I never expected that he'd be out of my life like this. It's not that I took him for granted because I never did that. We always enjoyed the times we shared together, never really worrying about the next time. I guess all lasting relationships require a delicate balance to sustain. I never expected that I wouldn't or couldn't be able to pick right back up with him where we had left off. I know this sounds immature for someone my age. I just haven't had to deal with a death like this that wasn't expected like illness or old age. I appreciate you for giving me a place to visit and sort out my feelings.

You, Ginger,are a treasure, in all that you do and are.....