Thursday, August 08, 2013

This is Not for You

I am so fortunate to be acquainted with many, many talented people. Although I love them all, some are more special to me than others. One such is my good friend Mick Craig. He is multi-talented, and a fine human being besides.

Here is a poem he wrote that made me cry. Not weep, mind you -- cry. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. If you do, check out his blog, A Short Story in 365 Chapters. ~~GH



This is not for you


Don't believe that you were the love of my life
From the first time I kissed you until the day I died
Don't believe that I would have waited all night in the rain for a glimpse of you,
A
nd turned my back on all who love me for one last kiss

Don't believe that after all this time, I still wake in the night
And smell your hair and taste you on my tongue

Don't believe that when I kissed your sleeping lips and woke you
I knew that I was home

Don't believe that I would forgive you anything, give you everything,
Never leave you, betray you or ever make you cry

Don't believe that I would have picked you up again
No matter how often you fell

Don't believe that your eyes made my heart sing
And that now I have no music left

Don't believe that you gave me my greatest joy and my worst despair
And that I lived my life in those few short months with you

Don't believe, though all of it is true
Cross my broken heart.
     ~~Mick Craig
[Tomorrow: Chain of Fools]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The more I read Micks writing, the more I think he's gotten inside my own very personal feelings regarding love.
For one to do that, besides having their own experience, they come from more than one place.
A good soul and a great mind with high creativity and insight into life and all of it's very humane experiences.
Through his writings I have certainly taken note of him.
I give him a most gracious nod of appreciation.

Ginger said...

I agree wholeheartedly, K Mack. I am honored (or as he would write, honoured) to call him my friend.

Thanks for reading and commenting,
Ginger
8-10-13