Tuesday, October 01, 2013

October 1, 2013

October 1, 2013

I am going to use this blog as sort of a journal for the time being. Last week, I received some unpleasant news about my health. It knocked me on my heels for a few days. I had to take some time to withdraw within myself and think things over.

I've always been a fighter -- or if not a fighter, at least I've refused to give up. I've always had hope. Hope and I are well-acquainted. I'll be perfectly honest with you -- I don't feel much like fighting, and quitting is tempting. Oh, so tempting.

All I have to go on is past experience, a lifetime of keeping on. Right now, I'm standing quaking in my boots, knock-kneed and terrified. But for today, this day, I will go forward. I won't look at the long road. I won't think about the big picture. Today is all any of us has, really. So today, I will keep on.  ~~GH




No comments: