Thursday, February 10, 2005

Incredible

As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." -- H.L. Menken (1880-1956)

Had my cancer check-up appointment. Blood was drawn and parts were poked. Standard visit. This is the first time since 1999 that tumor marker levels aren't being checked. "You're so far out from it, we don't need it," doc said. That was hard to accept. I sat there, trying to absorb the impact of not needing to have 'em checked. Husband asked the doc, "Amazing she survived, isn't it?" Doc said, "It's incredible."

Incredible. That's my key word for today:

Incredible

1. So implausible as to elicit disbelief: gave an incredible explanation of the cause of the accident.
2. Astonishing: dressed with incredible speed.

I'll jot more after the Valentine's Day party. Pray for me...
* * *

Ok, I survived the fourth grade party. Let me tell you, being older than most of the children's grandmothers is an adventure -- at least for this homeroom mother! We all had a ball though. Two of the boys performed a dance face to face, and I stood behind Hayden and mimicked him. The entire class rolled laughing. They couldn't believe I could dance "cool." Then several more got up and danced and it turned into a Dueling Dance Contest. I survived it -- was a blast! They were less enthralled over the bookmarks I'd made, but I figured that'd be the case. What 10-year-old really wants a bookmark?

Found an amazing site tonight. Gerard Jones is honest in the best sense of that word. I felt totally at ease reading his words. It was a neat experience -- it felt like what I've had readers say THEY felt when they read my work. So if that's how my work makes y'all feel, then I'm honored!

Gerard Jones' Site SCROLL DOWN to the bottom of the page and read Chapter 1. And buy his book if you can swing it. Retails for only $16.95.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ach. Darnit. Oh well, this is Ginny. Just wanna say, nice blog! Check out my Zoe bio if you want to take a look at my blog.

Ginger said...

Thanks for stopping by, Ginny! Glad ya like my ChickenScratches.