Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Shopping List

I looked into a program on strengthening/improving romantic relationships, and one of the exercises involved creating a shopping list of desired traits in a partner.

Rather than invest a huge amount of conscious effort, the idea was to jot down traits that I admire and/or require. So in the natural order that they occurred to me, here goes:

Wise
Benevolent
Funny
Smart
Dependable
Reliable
Loyal
Good judgment
Fair-minded
Conscientious
Open-minded
Sincere
Faithful
Forgiving
Caring
Honest
Strong
Creative
Financially stable
Affectionate
Good with hands
Diligent
Cordial
Decorus
Zany


Sort of starts out Boy Scout-ish, doesn't it, and then becomes a bit more diverse. In case you're wondering the difference between "reliable" and "dependable," an individual is reliable and their habits/actions are dependable. Sort of the same thing but not really. Just think about it. 

I considered adding "clever," but I figured if he were funny, smart, and creative, the cleverness would drop in place. 

By "strong," I do not mean He-Man strength. 

Thanks for playing along with me. ~~GH

[Tomorrow: Chats with Cleverbot, VI]


No comments: