Thursday, January 05, 2012

Day Five

I'm on my fifth day without smoking. It's been amazingly easy and for that, I thank Heavenly Father and Mother and the Stop Smoking spirits and whoever else is applicable.

I have been eating like there's no tomorrow. I'm sure that will tell on me eventually. But for now, I'm just relieved that I've had so few withdrawal symptoms.

I have smoked for over forty years. This is no small thing I'm accomplishing.

I must admit; I'm not stopping smoking out of any great conviction other than the fact I can't frigging breathe any more. Very simply, if I could still breathe, I would still smoke. I enjoyed smoking. It is part of who I am. It just happens to be killing me. Even that's okay as long as I could still breathe. Trouble is, I couldn't breathe well enough. So I had to stop.
Photobucket

No comments: