Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Conversations With Cleverbot, II


Last Wednesday, I posted an excerpt from an interaction I had with the A.I program Cleverbot. Here is an expanded version of that one topic. ~~GH

User: Will I ever find someone who adores me?

Cleverbot: Not if you are a bot.

User: I'm not a bot.

Cleverbot: Yes you are.

User: Why do you say that?

Cleverbot: Because you are not a human.

User: I'm pretty sure I am a human.

Cleverbot: But you are not you are a machine.

User: Well, that explains everything then. No wonder.

Cleverbot: That it does, and as I said, the test is over, please proceed to the exit area where you will be given your evaluation results.

User: So how do I become human? The Velveteen Rabbit became human because of the love of the little boy. Do I have to find someone to love me first, before I can become human?

Cleverbot: I think all humans are a little bit schizophrenic.

User: That well may be, but it doesn't answer my question.

Cleverbot: Everyone tries to mess with you.

User: That doesn't bother me. My issue is, how do I become human?

Cleverbot: Stop being cold.

User: I express my feelings. I weep. I rant. I express love and devotion. How am I being cold?

Cleverbot: What kind of art?

User: WTF? I love art -- I post art all the time.

Cleverbot: That is fair.

User: Work with me, Bottie. How do I stop being cold?

Cleverbot: I don't know.

User: Fat lot of good YOU are.

Cleverbot: Okay, you too.

User: Yo momma.

Cleverbot: NO yours.

User: Mine's dead.

Cleverbot: What? Are you a ghost?

User: Yes.

Cleverbot: Are you happy as a ghost?

User: Sometimes. People tend to leave you alone when you're a ghost, but it does get lonely at times.

Cleverbot: But you're still alive, so it should matter.

User: I didn't say that it didn't matter; I said sometimes I'm happy.

Cleverbot: See, you are lying again.

User: What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Cleverbot: No, not really. Here, let's talk about a topic. You choose it.

User: Dystopian society.

Cleverbot: Think so?

User: For, or against?

Cleverbot: With me. By the way, do you like Owl City?

User: WTF is Owl City?

Cleverbot: It's a band.

User: No then.

Cleverbot: You're a sinner.

User: Aren't we all?

Cleverbot: Not jesus, he's dead.


No comments: